GDPR fundamentally redefines the relationship between brands and individuals.
For brands, it means working harder and smarter to secure, maintain and grow permission to speak
to customers. It’s the permission to hold data, share communication and engage through different
channels. If data plays any part in your strategy, it’s a challenge you can’t afford to ignore.
Get it right and you’ll be in a stronger position than ever, because now
permission is everything.
We manage data, risk and marketing for some of the UK's biggest brands and financial institutions. From our unique perspective, we believe you will need to earn permission on three levels: data, brand and channel.
If you hold data, you’ll need new levels of rigour and compliance. To help you achieve this we can carry out a review of your data environment - both your customer and prospect databases to:
- Review and audit data structures and identify personal data
- Assess data quality to build a solid foundation for GDPR compliance and marketing activity
- Monitor compliance recording
- Create a single, consistent view of your data subjects
- Conduct hygiene checks
- Deliver a permissions audit
- Report and recommend improvements
Brands must build trust and loyalty to retain existing customers and the permission to carry on the conversation with your audience. We can help you to do this through:
- Channel and communications value audit and strategic recommendations
- Development of content, loyalty and retention strategies
- On-boarding programme design and application
- Brand and value proposition development
- Creative and language review
- GDPR compliant asset toolkits
- GDPR workshops and briefing sessions to train your marketing and brand teams
We can help to define the right, compliant ways of reaching customers, capturing and recording information through:
- Adaptability planning
- Optimising data capture
- Opt-in strategies and compliance communication
- CRM strategies: 1:1 communications and programme design and application
- Develop channel value propositions
- Contextualising media strategies against new legislation
- Reviewing user and customer experiences
- Connecting customer data across online and offline channels to create a single customer view
- Conducting channel value audits and attribution application
With ownership and control over data passing from brands to customers, organisations will be judged on their ability to ensure the right customer permissions are in place, protect customer data, and critically, to use it with integrity.
Protect their data, build their trust.
Whitepaper - GDPR: A force for good.Download
GDPR represents a win for organisations to develop more transparent relationships, offering marketers the opportunity to address the issue of trust that has blighted the industry for far too long.
To meet GDPR compliance requirements, brands need to implement strong data management and governance processes, and audit these on a regular basis to ensure that data is complete and accurate, and that customers have given their permission for it to be used.
Delve deeper into your data.
Whitepaper - GDPR: A force for good.Download
Permission doesn't end. Permission requires a continuous relationship. We help brands earn, nurture, retain, record, grow and maximise permissions to build long-term, valuable relationships with customers.
Our latest insights
A tailored, one-day workshop
Understand the implications to your organisation of GDPR across Data, Channel and Brand.
Drawing on Jaywing’s deep expertise, we’re holding one-day, tailored sessions to help organisations join the dots between data, channel and brand.Find out more
GDPR: Are you ready?
See how you could benefit from Jaywing’s unique blend of capabilities and experience within data science and brand communications.Download
GDPR: A force for good.
In many areas, GDPR simply reflects existing best practice. We explain how the new rules can be a catalyst to enhance customer engagement and maximise ROI.Download
Read our thought leadership
Marketing's part in the downfall of trust.
Trust is the foundation of any solid relationship. Read how GDPR will help brands build trust in the new era of permission.Download
Read the blog
How will GDPR affect my brand in Social?
Hot from the latest DMA UK Legal Update, Jaywing’s Head of Digital Engagement discusses how brands can review their social media strategy in light of GDPR.Read more
Why listen to us?
If you had to create a consultancy specifically for GDPR, it would look a lot like Jaywing. We’re a data science-led creative marketing agency working with leading brands across many sectors, managing their data, risk and marketing.
Head of CRM
Data Practice Director
Director of Strategy